Vista Grande Church has partnered with First Baptist Church, Tijeras to pack food bags for kids who have little or no food at home. We launched the program in January 2016 at Roosevelt Middle School in Tijeras and added San Antonito Elementary School in Sandia Park in March 2016. In the Fall of 2016, we added A. Montoya Elementary School in Tijeras. God has done great things through this program for these kids!
There are five ways you can be involved — and we need you all!
1. First and foremost, PRAY for the provision, the kids, all the Lord puts on your heart for this ministry. We pray this program be sustainable to go through the school year, the kids be loved, fed, clothed, warm, and come to know Jesus as Savior.
2. If you would like to make a donation to Feed the Kids, you can write a check to Vista Grande Church, noting in the memo line that these funds are designated for Feed the Kids. If you would like to contribute with cash, please place it in a clearly marked envelope designating it for Feed the Kids. If you also include your name on the envelope, that will ensure you the donation/tax deduction for this church sponsored program. Checks and cash may be deposited in the collection box available on Sunday mornings.
3. If you like to shop, you can purchase non-perishable foods (you can find a list of items needed here) and bring them to church with you on Sundays and deposit in a box that will be designated for FTK (Feed the Kids). Our team will take it from there.
4. You can support Feed the Kids by shopping online! AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. You can find step-by-step instructions on how to start supporting Feed the Kids here.
5. If you want to work with the team, we need you to help us shop, pack, and deliver to the school. We buy powdered milk and cereal in large packages and then we repackage it into serving sizes. We need help with that also.
Questions? Contact Sheryl Stewart at email@example.com or phones: 286-1065 (home) and 803-1510 (cell).